Upgraded to 6950, stuck in boot loop

SocceRich20

2[H]4U
Upgraded my old nVidia GTX 280 to a new Radeon 6950. Uninstalled all the drivers, and popped the new 6950 in. POSTs fine, everything displays normally and it doesn't make any warning beeps. It goes through the RAID screenn fine, then hits "Verifying DMI pool data" and reboots immediately after that screen. I have an 800w power supply, so I don't think I'm short on power. I've even tried unplugging all my extra hard drives and leaving only my SSD. When I take the 6950 out and pop the GTX 280 back in, everything is fine. Boots right up, can play games and stress the card, no problem. The 6950 outputs video on my monitor throughout the booting process, but after DMI pool when it should go to Windows it just reboots. I can't even get into safe mode with the 6950, it reboots before that. Unplugging the drives gave me "no disk found." When I popped my Windows CD in, it said "Press any key to boot from CD." When I press a key, it reboots. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Unplug the SSD and see if you get a drive not found or OS not found or similar instead of the freeze. I would then reinstall the 280, back up everything you need, then reformat. Sounds like Windows isnt liking your change of hardware.

wow this surprises me, because so far win7 has been incredibly adaptive for me??

Unplugging the drives gave me "no disk found." When I popped my Windows CD in, it said "Press any key to boot from CD." When I press a key, it reboots.

Back