Upgraded need help :)

war_child

Limp Gawd
I just bought the Asus A8N32 board and just now noticed I need a different power connector for the motherboard. Is there a ATX to EATX connector i can buy. I also just now noticed i need a power cable for the new video card. :(

1. Need ATX to EATX connector

2. Need a regular power supply power connector to a 6 pin for the video card

Thanks for the help in advanced

It is possible to run a 24 pin atx motherboard with a 20 pin PS. I'm doing it right now ( though opinions seem to vary as to whether this is a good idea or not ) If you don't want to try this, there are adapters available that seem to run between $4and$10. search results

As for the video card connector, you should have gotten one with the card. I would imagine that you can get one of these cheaply as well, however.

i would say invest in a good psu that comes with a 24 pi connector, while there are people that can run 24 pin boards with a 20 psu i always wonder about stability and overclockability

as for the 6 pin connector for your video card one should have come with the card... but here is one here http://www.svc.com/pcie-converter.html ... a new psu will have the 6 pin pci-e connectors built in

edit: i did see this too- 20 pin to 24 pin adapter

I bought a new power supply :) Anyways, funny a power connecter didn't come with the video card. Retail ATI X1900XT

well thanks for the links and help

Back