Upgraded my watercooling system... (PICS)

My days of overclocking are over, I don't play videogames anymore so I really don't have a need to OC. I hate loud computers so I made this bitch silent.

I started with a Zalaman 400W Silent PSU (1 80MM fan)

Threw my old BlackIce Radiator away and changed to an Innovatek Passive Radiator so I don't have to use any fans.

I then added an Eheim pump with the 12V conversion and Innovatek plugon reservoir.

This computer is pretty damn quiet. :)

Temps are ok, I idle at about 49C and after 13 hours of prime95 I was at 59C (AMD XP 1900+)

wc1.sized.jpg

wc2.sized.jpg

wc3.sized.jpg

wc4.sized.jpg

I just noticed that my camera really sucks. :(

I fucking hate this Olympus C-4000, it blows at capturing the vibrant colors of my setup.

Very sweet pics! I like how your camera captured the iridescent colors of your mothboard. Very cool :)

Originally posted by TsayYote
Very sweet pics! I like how your camera captured the iridescent colors of your mothboard. Very cool :)

I think it did a poor job, this thing looks so much better in person. :D

i am VERY impressed. Why'd you throw out your blackice? Someone could have used that in the FS/T forums.. in fact... i'd pay shipping for it if you could still find it :)

Also, i dont usually like the UV BLINGBLING but yours is quite tasteful, and a nice setup overall. People will not be impressed with the near 50 degrees C temps, but be reminded: this is a PASSIVE setup. Impressive.

Originally posted by Chrisman5000
My days of overclocking are over, I don't play videogames anymore so I really don't have a need to OC.

Nice rig, but don't game anymore? Almost seems like a waste.. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Techx
Nice rig, but don't game anymore? Almost seems like a waste.. :rolleyes:

Not a waste at all, I spent close to $7,000 to remodel my room so I am looking at this computer as a piece of furniture and with any furniture I would like it to look nice. I enjoy using the computer for other reasons, I have a nice sound setup so it's really nice to listen to accoustic music and not have the hear the drone of case fans when it hits a quiet note.

I do a lot of work from home, Its nice to be able to sit at my desk on a conference call and not have to worry about the case being too loud. Reading web docs is also much more enjoyable too.

I figured watercooling was my best bet to having a silent computer. :D

w/o the drone of case fans, I cant sleap w/o the drone of case fans, (I think most of it is that if i dont hear them it meens my computer is off, and if my computer is off, it has a major problem, but the white noise is nice too)

damn good looking rig, good job, enjoy your new $7,000 room (what elce did ou mod?)

How hard was it to mount the radiator? Was it just drilling a few holes?

I'm contemplating a similar setup. What kinda tubing is compatible with that setup? Where'd you order all that stuff from?

Are temps better with the new setup or the old BI: Pro?

Good job as well, I'm impressed...

does ur case get hot? Infact if you wanted to you could probly make that radiator flat against the case and then use some AC3 to make ur case a heat sink, just an idea

Nice looking setup. I work from my home office so I know the battle for quiet, yet effective cooling well.

49c idle? Ouch...

I'm running a 1900+ at 42c idle, on stock air cooling :\

Oh well atleast its quiet. Looks nice, too.

Originally posted by angrybusdriver
49c idle? Ouch...

He's running passive... i.e. no fans. If he put a fan on that rad i'm sure he'd be running near ambient :D

What brand of UV Dye are you using? I have tried many different brands but none seem to stand out quite like yours.
Great job on your computer by the way...

Originally posted by jergo
What brand of UV Dye are you using? I have tried many different brands but none seem to stand out quite like yours.
Great job on your computer by the way...

I bought one of those hi-lighter pens with the juice reservoir in the middle and dumped it in the water after pulling out the felt tip. The camera doesn't do the effect justice. It is a thick deep green that is nice and rich in color.

As for mounting the radiator I just drilled 6 holes and then cut out an area to run the tubes through. I mounted it in the holes with push-pins.

I used 5/16" ID, 7/16" OD Tygon Tubing.

49c idle? Ouch...

49C is perfectly in spec, the system will run just as good as it did when it was 42C idle.

I also do the watercooling for the look. I hate fans no matter how quiet they are. I also have 4 cats and it just really sucks to have to unclog that shit every few months. :D

:D the "juice" resevoir!
What brand? I simply must reproduce your bright UV glow.

i question what you did with that blackice. if you threw it out, youre an idiot, sorry to say. so many people, myself included, would love some used WC equip to try to get in cheaply.

do you have a link to that pump... or however it was modded or however :p yeah .. just link and pump... my english is awful

You couldve saved a bunch of money and bought the latest greatest Zalman flowe rand got the same temps.And zero sound whatsoever.

Originally posted by AnG31-0f-d347h
do you have a link to that pump... or however it was modded or however :p yeah .. just link and pump... my english is awful
you english is almost all right. you wanted a link to the pump and if it was modded and link to that.

well its a pump/resovior combo which requires no modding.

heres the pump...
http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant...e=HSPC&Product_Code=HPPSDC&Category_Code=Pump

and the resovior "plug-on"...
http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HSPC&Category_Code=Tank4

and the radiator in case anyone wants to know...
http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant...Y&Store_Code=HSPC&Category_Code=InnovaKonvect

and another passive style rad...
http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HSPC&Category_Code=HTCSrad

i thought the first passive style rad was expensive, check out the second. :eek:

The result of this extremely complex and expensive procedure is on the one hand an absolutely gorgeous looking designer piece and on the other hand an extreme cooling performer!

What the hell is so complex about four extruded aluminium pieces with some kind of rod attachment to the base, probably using a rubber gasket?

lol, advertising is so funny ;)

hmm Nice.... i REALLY need to get around to modding my pump power into my psu.... its still running out my case... : /

...please....I'm just looking for the brand name of the GeeDee markers!!!
:D

49c idle? Ouch...

i'm running a 1800+ OC'd to 1.92 at 39c in the middle of playing quake on stock cooling :p

49c idle? Ouch...

I have a Barton 2500 around those temps and do i what i did put

in the closet nobody can here it scream and i let the hot air out every once in a while and it steams my clothes so no wrinkles :)

Sanford Accent Highlighters available at staples

That second rad is AWESOME.....sad that it cost as much as my entire wc rig combined :(

Originally posted by 222 1/3 evil
Sanford Accent Highlighters available at staples

That second rad is AWESOME.....sad that it cost as much as my entire wc rig combined :(

Sweet. But won't they dye your tubes/Res?

Originally posted by kronchev
i question what you did with that blackice. if you threw it out, youre an idiot, sorry to say. so many people, myself included, would love some used WC equip to try to get in cheaply.

Do me a favor and STFU.

It is sitting in the bottom of my junk drawer, I don't have time to go pack it up and go through the hassle of sending it away. If you need one so bad then go buy one. They are not expensive at all.

Now, if you want to come to my house and pick it up then it's yours to have.

Originally posted by jergo
bump (on the question about the brand of markers...)

Saniford Uni-Blazer (green)

I got it at "Something to Do" in the mall.

The camera doesn't do it justice, if you think its bright in the pictures then you ain't seen nothing yet. It is amazing in person, its soooo rich in color. I wish I had a better camera. :(

Saniford Uni-Blazer (green)

I got it at "Something to Do" in the mall.

The camera doesn't do it justice, if you think its bright in the pictures then you ain't seen nothing yet. It is amazing in person, its soooo rich in color. I wish I had a better camera. :(

Did some checking around. You can get a the Liquid Accent (Sanford), which I assume is the same as the Uni-Blazer, without the window .. for a couple bucks. They come in Pink, Yellow, and Green.

I just noticed that my camera really sucks. :(

I fucking hate this Olympus C-4000, it blows at capturing the vibrant colors of my setup.
lucky u i hav this digi cam from polaroid it takes like 10 secs to catch a frame and it exaggerates the light of its sources, like LED fans and CCFLs even a lil harddrive led looks like a huge spotlight

when i take pictures, u cant really see the borders its a piece of crap and you gotta step far back to take a pic that you cant see details of

i got it for like $40 plus cables and software

Back