Upgrade?

zetachi

Gawd
Thinking bout upgrading my XFX 6600GT AGP card. Now that i have an Opteron 144 and EPOX 9NDA3J MB does it pay to upgrade my GPU? I can sell my card on EBAY and probably get @ $100 so could spend @ $200 total. Will I see significant changes or should I just save my $$. Mostly play BF2, UT2004, FEAR etc

I wouldnt upgrade...ur agp right? id save your $$$ to make an upgrade to pcie...

BF2 is not a card hog...utk4 is as easy to play as any other mainstream game atm...and fear, ull play that once or twice becasue ull be playing bf2 on mp not fear...so dont upgrade

depends on how much you want. But with those games, the higher settings will slow you down some, so I would go with something with more beef, like a 6800GS

Its completely up to the types of games you play. Your best bet for that price range would be the 6800gs in agp form (hopefully arriving soon), but if you don't mind turning the options down a bit, it'd make more sense to pick up something cheaper like a used 6600gt/6800vanilla and keep the money for a new mobo(pci-e)+gfx card down the line.

Back