• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrade your sound experience, cheap.

MindBuster

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
3,115
Here's a cheap way to upgrade your sound experience using any hardware, quite obvious though.

Do a ear flush, get all that earwax removed, i just did it, bought some stuff at the drugstore to drip your ears with, let it sit for 20-50 mins, then flush your ear with a earpump using handwarm water, several times so you get it all out, there was TONS of wax coming out of my ears.
Just using some of those cotton earcleaners after a bath is not enough, do a real ear flush.

Wow man, now the sound is so much better, and as i mentioned "any hardware", my keyboard and mouse are now VERY noisy. :p

Give it a go if you havent flushed your ears for long, highly recommended. ;)
 
Minishark said:
That sounds painful. And unsafe.
You can always go to the doctors to have them remove your earwax too. I need to get that done.
 
That's....that's great, man.
If this was Genmay, I'd be tempted to just scream out "blogmay!". I will refrain, however.
 
This has been gone over time and again on headfi. Your ears need wax in them. True it can get excessive but in general your ears are self cleaning and you don't need to use these cleaning kits.
 
LOL

I went into the doctor last year saying that I could barely hear anything in my left ear.

He looked at my ear and said "I'll be right back" He came back with a bucket of warm water and some water gun thingy. He shoved it in my ear and after about 3 + mins of weird feelings of water squirting in my ear...this HUGE chunk of wax came out that was shaped to my ear canal. After that I felt weird for about 2 or 3 days. Everything sounded weird and echoed my balance was a little off too hehe.
 
Anime_Fan said:
LOL

I went into the doctor last year saying that I could barely hear anything in my left ear.

He looked at my ear and said "I'll be right back" He came back with a bucket of warm water and some water gun thingy. He shoved it in my ear and after about 3 + mins of weird feelings of water squirting in my ear...this HUGE chunk of wax came out that was shaped to my ear canal. After that I felt weird for about 2 or 3 days. Everything sounded weird and echoed my balance was a little off too hehe.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
 
MindBuster said:
Do a * flush, get all that *wax removed, i just did it, bought some stuff at the drugstore to drip * with, let it sit for 20-50 mins, then flush * with a *pump using handwarm water, several times so you get it all out, there was TONS of wax coming out*.
Just using some of those cotton *cleaners is not enough, do a real *flush.

If you edit it a bit - it sounds like something I'd do to my car - not my body :D
 
Your not supposed to remove the ear wax deeper then just around the outer area for cosmetics, if it wants to fall out on its own it will, theres nothing wrong with earwax.
 
I normally can't hear stuff anywho and normally have to ask "what" but that could just be because I don't pay enough attention. But I'll just say that alot of people don't speak up or speak clearly. :)

Is it really recommended that you get your ears flushed if you don't need too? I mean I q*tip my ears but I don't think that gets the true gunk.
 
Q-tipping sometimes does more harm then good. You can block the ear canal with earwax if you are q-tipping improperly.

There is nothing wrong with having earwax. If it gets to the point where it affects your hearing, then you should go irrigate your ears :p
 
matt00926 said:
theres nothing wrong with earwax.
Sure there is. I sometimes get too much ear wax in my ears, and it actually clogs my ears to the point where I go temporarily deaf out of one ear.

I have to resort to medicated drops to break down the wax.
 
Ive had to get my ears flushed before at a doctors office. Its safe and it really does help your hearing
 
My mother is a nurse, so she can bring all that ear flushing equipment home and do it for free! Both my father and brother had tons of wax which of course was disgusting, but they can hear better now!
 
speaking of being a little deaf, my right ear for some reason sounds quite a biut more muddy than my left ear.. I tested this with my speakers..... and for some reason my right ear feels like there's some kind of pressure built up in it.... maybe time for a docter's appointment maybe? :rolleyes:
 
Ive been meaning to do this... I think my ears are clean but I just want to be sure. I figured I owe my speakers some clean ears at the very least.... especially considering their cost.
 
deathBOB said:
Why don't you just use a q-tip everyday?

Personal hygiene FTW!

If used improperly the q-tips can do more harm then good. Such as pushing the earwax to the back of the ear, therefore blocking the canal.
 
I dont that is what I did to my right ear.... I Q-tip everyday...... and now my right ear doesn't hear SOUND QUALITY such as high freq. as clear as my left ear.... it annoys me... but O well, I'll get this sucka cleaned and see.. and maybe i'll stop q-tipping... sigh :rolleyes:
 
Anime_Fan said:
LOL

I went into the doctor last year saying that I could barely hear anything in my left ear.

He looked at my ear and said "I'll be right back" He came back with a bucket of warm water and some water gun thingy. He shoved it in my ear and after about 3 + mins of weird feelings of water squirting in my ear...this HUGE chunk of wax came out that was shaped to my ear canal. After that I felt weird for about 2 or 3 days. Everything sounded weird and echoed my balance was a little off too hehe.

I had the exact thing done to both ears last fall. I'd been doing a lot of insulation and drywall work in the basement, and I guess that shit clogged up my ears good. I thought I had an ear infection or something. They used the mother of all syringes to blast the wax out of my ear, and it was way more than I expected. Everything also sounded wierd to me to, especially all the high pitched stuff I couldn't hear with all that wax.

The doctor also said, "Don't ever put anything bigger than your elbow into your ear". :) That basically means that using qtips to clean your ears is a horrible idea, all it does it cram the wax down deep into your ear canal.

Cheap man's way to clean out the wax good is to lay on your side and pour a capful of hydrogen peroxide into your ear. Might have to pull on your ear lobe to get it down into the ear canal. Let it pop and sizzle for a while (it feels really wierd), then drain it out. Repeat until no more popping and sizzling. This was recommened by my doctor when I was a little kid and kept getting painful ear infections. Worked like a charm.
 
JBark said:
Cheap man's way to clean out the wax good is to lay on your side and pour a capful of hydrogen peroxide into your ear. Might have to pull on your ear lobe to get it down into the ear canal. Let it pop and sizzle for a while (it feels really wierd), then drain it out. Repeat until no more popping and sizzling. This was recommened by my doctor when I was a little kid and kept getting painful ear infections. Worked like a charm.

Now that sounds painful :eek:
 
Talonz said:
Now that sounds painful :eek:

Not at all, but it's definitely an odd feeling.

Also, with the ear syringe thing:
If you use really cold water and blast it into your ear, it will knock you out instantly. :) Guy that was doing my ears said they had a new nurse do this to someone a while back. Something to do with a nerve that runs near there. Probably the same one that causes you to get knocked out with a good uppercut to the jaw.
 
JBark said:
Not at all, but it's definitely an odd feeling.

Also, with the ear syringe thing:
If you use really cold water and blast it into your ear, it will knock you out instantly. :) Guy that was doing my ears said they had a new nurse do this to someone a while back. Something to do with a nerve that runs near there. Probably the same one that causes you to get knocked out with a good uppercut to the jaw.

You dont get knocked out because of a nerve, you get knocked out because of sudden acute brain trauma - jarring if you want to call it. The vestibulocochlear nerve may be affected with the syringe wax removal, and you may lose balance.
 
Pinipig523 said:
You dont get knocked out because of a nerve, you get knocked out because of sudden acute brain trauma - jarring if you want to call it. The vestibulocochlear nerve may be affected with the syringe wax removal, and you may lose balance.

I think MY brain just asploded! :eek:
 
well, bad news, came from the doctors... I have no pain in my ears, the left one sounds crystal clear, the right one sounds muddy.... but not DEAF, just muddy, and it's not too bad...... he stuck a long thingy in my ears and said they were wax-free, which I think is correct since I am pretty clean. So now I have to live with the right ear a little bit worse off than the left one..... GOD.. this is gonna bother me the rest of my life. :rolleyes:
 
Cheap man's way to clean out the wax good is to lay on your side and pour a capful of hydrogen peroxide into your ear. Might have to pull on your ear lobe to get it down into the ear canal. Let it pop and sizzle for a while (it feels really wierd), then drain it out. Repeat until no more popping and sizzling. This was recommened by my doctor when I was a little kid and kept getting painful ear infections. Worked like a charm.

This is also supposed to be good when you have a cold and are all congested. One of those home remedies that may or may not work... (I, personally, think it does a little)
 
You think people who record, produce and mix music/soundtracks have their ears de-waxed on a regular basis?
 
aZn_plyR said:
well, bad news, came from the doctors... I have no pain in my ears, the left one sounds crystal clear, the right one sounds muddy.... but not DEAF, just muddy, and it's not too bad...... he stuck a long thingy in my ears and said they were wax-free, which I think is correct since I am pretty clean. So now I have to live with the right ear a little bit worse off than the left one..... GOD.. this is gonna bother me the rest of my life. :rolleyes:
At least you have one good ear. Two bad ears suck ass. :(
 
Go down to the Oriental store and buy a wooden or metal "ear spoon" (you Asians will know what I'm talking about :p ) Done properly, it's more effective than Q-Tips and irrigation, and it feels nice to boot! Just don't go crazy and jam it inside your ear and rupture your eardrum. :eek:

Nothing says intimacy like your GF digging wax out of your ears for ya! :D

Pinipig523 said:
You dont get knocked out because of a nerve, you get knocked out because of sudden acute brain trauma - jarring if you want to call it. The vestibulocochlear nerve may be affected with the syringe wax removal, and you may lose balance.

It's likely that he is takling about one of the various branches of the vagus nerve. When stimulated, this can cause nausea, vomitting, and unconsciousness.
 
Well, I'm bumping my own ancient thread as I just flushed my ears again, and everything is loud again. :D

My headphones actually got more bass than I realized, first time I've heard them with clean ears. :p

Probably nothing for you guys that live in houses and work in offices, but for people living in dusty neighborhoods and dusty work, try it out. :)
 
The absolute worst is the ringing in your ears you get from damaging them with loud noises. Overdoing it with Ibuprofen and Tylenol can bring it on too. I have bad tinnitus lately. I couldnt come up with a more effective but subtle form of torture if I tried. Be careful with your ears. Going deaf is one thing but rigging up an electric high pitched buzzer that goes off in your head 24/7 is another altogether.
 
Back
Top