• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrade to the dark side

Tigerblade

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
2,423
Considering upgrading to 7800GTX big time with the option of SLi a few months later. The only question I have is have there been any rumours/whispers about a 32pipe Ultra version yet? Don't wanna lay the cash down if a 32pipe version is around the corner.

Second question and I know it should be in mobo section but between the MSI and Asus SLi mobo's which would be considered the better by general consensus?
 
ASUS on the motherboard. And so for the GTX is replacing the place of the usual Ultra.
 
I would go with the Asus, it would be more reliable. I thought that the 7800GTX can't fit in the MSI Neo4/SLi and Neo4 Plat/SLi? Correct me if I'm wrong.
 
anything in this thread regarding 7800 version will be pure rumors. no hard facts. nVidia MAY release and Ultra. It MAY cost 800 bux and not be worth it. It MAY have more pipes. It MAY have the same pipes. It MAY not ever come into existence. id say go for the 7800GTX. its a great card and will last you a long while given the fact that games a wee bit behind (ok, a HUGE bit behind).
 
I'm leaning toward Asus cos this board at the mo is a good overclocker. Was originally gonna wait and go x850xt pe crossfire, but that and the 7800gtx are literally the same price here and I'd be crazy to choose the x850 over the 7800.

Thanks for the comments
 
eX_835 said:
I would go with the Asus, it would be more reliable. I thought that the 7800GTX can't fit in the MSI Neo4/SLi and Neo4 Plat/SLi? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think there was some initial reports of it not fitting but several people and some website debunked it saying that you just had to "lean" the capacitor a little bit to make it fit. Either way MSI released a statement that said that if it bothers you that they will retrofit your mobo with smaller capacitors. Either way it's totally workable. Not a big deal.
 
Back
Top