• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrade to SSD to SSD

K17020

n00b
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
3
Hey everyone I recently about a larger 120 GB OCZ Vertex 4 to replace my wimpy 60 GB Vertex drive. Anyways I have general question ,but is there anything that I need to do special when I clone my 60 GB drive over?

I've taken some time and looked over some tutorials about cloning from a HDD to SSD and a number mention some offsetting that needs to take place. All answers are greatly appreciated.
 
Most of the newer drives come with licensed cloning utils which are ssd aware. Since you initially installed your OS on the SSD it should be ssd-enabled already.
 
I would recommend the Acronis that usually comes with the Vertex, but you can use clonezilla just use the latest version.
 
Back
Top