• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Upgrade to Quad

prodigee

Gawd
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
987
Ok so I want to upgrade to a quad core processor, and I was wondering which one I should get. I have heard great things about the Q9450, Q9550, and the Q9650. My question is simple which one do I get? Is the Q9650 really worth the $50 (USD this is just to clarify) over the Q9550? I plan to OC in the future as well so please keep that in mind.

Many Thanks,

prodigee
 
If you get the right chip (Q9550 or Q9650) you can get to 4Ghz. I personally would spend the extra $50 on a nice cooler. Q9550 for the sale!
 
I haven't heard much difference between the q9500 and the q9650. I would just get the q9550 and spend the extra money on a good cooler if your overclocking.
 
Alright I think I will go with Q9550 in that case. Thanks for the help guys.

Now its time to convince Dad to let me order it.
 
Back
Top