Upgrade to 1809 question

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by John S, Dec 16, 2018.

1. John S

John S n00b

My desktop has win 10 1803 on it. I downloaded win 10 1809 full (not just win 10 upgrade only )installation to a DVD. I would to use that install dvd like I was doing a full install. On the install dvd, is there an option to select just to upgrade on it?

Thx

2. Tiberian

Tiberian DILLIGAFuck

You can mount the ISO while you're running 1803, right click on it and "open" it with Explorer which will mount it as a drive, then you can access that and run the setup.exe to start the process. At one point it will ask if you want to keep your current Windows setup/files/data/etc as is or choose to get rid of everything and just install (meaning upgrade on top of 1803) 1809 outright. Obviously at that point you'd choose to keep what you've got and just install the OS itself which is the upgrade. :p

3. John S

John S n00b

TYVM appreciate it.

4. bigdogchris

bigdogchris [H]ard as it Gets

I did a clean install for 1809, but I normally do what Tiberian says. I mount the ISO and just run the setup.exe. Confirm that it works well.

Domingo likes this.
  5. Domingo

Domingo Skip My Posts

Same. In fact, it's usually what I do when one of the big biannual updates hits. I've had issues with the Windows Update patches, but never had any problems using the ISO/Setup method.

bigdogchris likes this.
  6. bigdogchris

bigdogchris [H]ard as it Gets

Yeah, the feature updates are what I am talking about as well.