Priest +

n00b
Okay currently I have

Albatron 865PE w/ 478 socket Mobo
P4 2.8GHz w/ 800fsb
2gig Kingston Ram PC3200
8AGP Albatron 6800GT 256mb Video Card
Creative SB Audigty 2 ZS Platinum Sound Card

This setup works well but I'm wanting to get my PC back to being current. I see Asus sells a lot, but also has a lot of complaints when it comes ot motherboards especially high end. So if i'm going to invest more money into something I'm wondering what you expects think. I want to do things like play video games on insanly high video settings and also I'm going back to school to learn things like Photoshop. I know system requirements for these things, but I dont' want to just go by that. I want to find something that'll handle them with ease. So helpful comments are appreciated, if anyone can point me in the right direction I really need some help starting. Thanks in advance.

For "insanely" high res, you'll need to be running a dual-gpu setup and for it to last as long as your current rig has you'll want 2x32 lanes on the PCI-e. That will narrow your scope of motherboards quite a bit and might make for a good jumping off point. Also, THG (I know, i still read them, but I'm seeking help) has a pretty big DDR2 breakdown posted recently. Find some corroboration prior to purchasing, but they do look at many manufacturers.

so definitly going to want to do the SLI thing... crap more money lol. Okay thanks

Back