• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

upgrade questions

Sumax

n00b
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
37
I am running a older system (fatal1ty an8-sli). im getting ready to upgrade my OS from XP Pro to 7 Ultimate, and I'm trying to my drivers together first. I don't see any Win 7 drivers for my mobo can i just use the 64bit drivers? Does anyone use this mobo on win 7 that can save me some time and trouble? Also i am running a 2 disk raid 0 and I'm concerned about the change on this also. any help is appreciated.
 
Do you have an extra HDD laying around? I would guess that Win7 would have many of your drivers baked in, but doing a test install doesn't take long and would save you a lot of headache if there were any issues.
 
I am running a older system (fatal1ty an8-sli). im getting ready to upgrade my OS from XP Pro to 7 Ultimate, and I'm trying to my drivers together first. I don't see any Win 7 drivers for my mobo can i just use the 64bit drivers? Does anyone use this mobo on win 7 that can save me some time and trouble? Also i am running a 2 disk raid 0 and I'm concerned about the change on this also. any help is appreciated.

Hi, Sumax,

The first thing I would do is run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see what issue(s) it may flag. If your processor does not support hyper-threading you'll be limited to the 32-bit versions of Win 7. Since you board does I wouldn't be too surprised if drivers weren't much of an issue.

Hope this helps.

Chuklr
 
I would be really hesitant to install 7 on hardware that originally came out 6+ years ago. If you were able to purchase win7, maybe upgrading the cpu/mobo/ram would be a good idea.
 
Man has it been 6 years, system still runs strong with its amd4800x2. Win 7 adviser says I'm good for all but 64 bit xp mode. since i only have 2 gig of memory in this box. win 7 was a exchange for a bad bet :) cash flow wont let me upgrade system right now though. I'm mainly worried about the raid drivers. luv the raid would hate to go back to 2 drives.
 
Back
Top