Upgrade Question.

Nims

Limp Gawd
I've been thinking of upgrading my current PC and thought of just doing the Video Card for now.

Current Setup:
Processor: i7 3770k
Video Card: EVGA 780 x2
RAM: 16Gigs DDR3
Monitor: Dell 30" 1600p

I'm thinking of upgrading the SLI 780's to a single 1080ti and possibly a widescreen 4k GSync Monitor.

My main question is, would it be ok to leave the Processer and Ram behind the upgrade path for now?

My opinion, - absolutely, wait on CPU and RAM. Not much you will be doing that will be CPU/RAM bound with those specs, though with the 1080Ti you'll see soon enough if you need more CPU. Sure, you might get a few more FPS, but I don't think, looking at all the reviews, you'll see anything that will change your gameplay.

What games do you play now and what FPS do you want to get?

Currently it's just Diablo 3 when a new season drops. But i've been thinking of getting into Destiny 2 on the PC (currently play D1 on PS4) which is mainly what the upgrade will be for.

Currently it's just Diablo 3 when a new season drops. But i've been thinking of getting into Destiny 2 on the PC (currently play D1 on PS4) which is mainly what the upgrade will be for.

Well, your current CPU and GPU are probably not really being pushed by Diablo 3. An upgrade MIGHT be in order for running 4k, but a 1080Ti would probably be overkill for that scenario. Are you getting good FPS now?

No idea yet on how hard Destiny 2 will push GPUs or CPUs, since it's not out until Sept.

If it were me, I'd wait until the game is released and see how things go. It's not like you need it now, and prices won't go UP on the parts.

Back