Upgrade question

Ws60

Weaksauce
Hello all, after a few years I'm back with another upgrade question concerning video cards. I took the advice given here of an Asus GTX 460 1-Gig card and only gaming at 1600x1050 with a non-HD display its served me well for a little over three years now. However its starting to show its age and with my eye on newer games like Metro - Last Light its finally time to replace it. I am partial to team green and as such I'm currently looking at a GTX 760 as a mid level swap but I'm not wedded to any specific replacement provided it falls somewhere around the $300 mark with some flexibility due to performance considerations. Such as the apparent sale I unfortunately missed on GTX 680's.

Now originally I had planned on full replacement of the system, display included, by this point but sadly due to finances I've had to spread out upgrades instead. Despite that only the motherboard, the psu, and the case remaining to be replaced with a better HD capable monitor still sadly far outside of my budget. As such I know the motherboard and psu are suboptimal but they are on the list to be replaced.

Current Specs:
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 975
RAM - 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 1806MHz (5-5-5-15)
Mobo - ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A79-T DELUXE
Display - Acer X203W (1680x1050@60Hz)
Videocard - 1023MB GeForce GTX 460
Hard Drives - 1TB Western Digital
Optical Drives - ASUS DVD-E818A3T ATA Device
PSU - 650 Watt Corsair

*Edit*

Helps when I remember to list the power supply output.

Last edited:
Gtx 660ti, Gtx 760, Gtx 670 or Gtx 680. The performance gap between all 4 of those cards is no higher then 25%. So its pretty much whatever you can find the best deal on.

Back