• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

upgrade question

smoke93

n00b
Joined
Aug 30, 2009
Messages
3
I'm looking to upgrade to crossfire but unsure on the route I should take. current system:
e6400@3.3ghz
Asus P5Q
4gb xms2
HD4890 pcs+ @ 1ghz
Corsair tx750

I was thinking either selling my current mobo on the bay and buying a x48 and another 4890 or would i7 be worth it for the £400 it costs to upgrade. Would 2 4890's be bottlenecked by a 6400 @ 3.3ghz (2mb l2 cache) if there was a bottleneck would this be taken care of if i got a 8400 and clocked it to around 4ghz?

A lot of questions I know , I'm pretty confused lol, I use system mainly for gaming at 1920x1200.

thx guys
 
Back
Top