Upgrade Question

aLc0h0Lic

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
86
I want to move from my current rig to a Conroe setup eventually, but I am going to wait until at least October. I kind of need an upgrade now-ish, so here I have need of some outside opinions.

Option 1: Sit on the money and upgrade everything at once in October.

Option 2: Grab a cheap PCI-e compatable board and pick up an upgraded video card now. Compared to what I paid for my 6800GT, the 7900GTs are now cheaper-ish.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!
 
I don't get very good framerates in BF2 even at low settings. I would like to be able to bump up the resolution and eye candy. Plus, I play FEAR and would like that to run a bit better too.
 
I would wait but if you must buy now and want the best value and performance, get a new mobo like the Asus A8N-E and an X1800XT or X1900XT.
 
I have the Asus A8N-E and a 7900GT saved in my shopping cart over at Newegg. Thanks for the input!

And, no ATi products here. Thier Linux drivers are atrocious.
 
Back
Top