Upgrade question- Worthwhile upgrade

Mike2007x86

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
127
Currently Using:
Sennheiser PC-161 Headset
Creative Labs XFI Extreme Music Audio Card
Altec Lansing 251B 5.1 Surround (- 60 Watts Total Continuous Power RMS (2x6.5 W/Front; 2x7.2 W/Rear; 7.6 W/Center; 25 W/Sub)
- 90 Watts Total Peak Power
- Deep-Bass, CompactSubwoofer
- 6-Speaker Surround)


Keep in mind my 5.1 setup was made back in the year 2000 and at that time it was the best available.

Some months ago, someone suggested the Sennheiser PC-160 headset and at the time I was using your basic walmart bought headset made by logitech, but let me tell you althought the sennheiser's are costly man do the make a difference. I couldn't be happier with such amazing audio and bass to boot. For gaming, movies, and music I am Considering Upgrading to the: Auzentech Prelude and Logitech Z5500

If there is something cheaper that would work better please tell me. I can't get full 5.1 to work with my XFI. 5.1 works with Realtek HD 2.12 for my onboard 680i, but there is hardly any volume coming from the rear channels at all. You have to put it really close to hear it, nothing compared to my fronts and center which are blasting and sound great.

Keep in mind this is used under Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and I use it 90% for gaming, while the other 10% would be for music and movies.

I want to know for sure I am actually doing a good worthwhile upgrade before I drop nearly $500.00 on a new audio setup vs a the next gen video card refresh. :eek: $500.00 for sound.

$259.99 compusa and $199.99 amazon + add shipping
 
Back
Top