• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

upgrade path?

kenham40

Gawd
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
943
Is socket 754 dead?

I currently am running a 3200+ a64 with an ati x850xt 256mb and 2 gig ddr pc3200.

Is there ANY upgrade path for me or should I just wait for M2?
 
stick with it for a while. only real benefit i could see is if you needed a dual core cpu.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
stick with it for a while. only real benefit i could see is if you needed a dual core cpu.

I only use this machine for cpu gaming, I have an HDTV w/ xbox 360 that I usually play and for my laptop (normal rig) I use a powerbook. I think my next dualcore will be a macbook pro. BUT, if PPU gaming all of a sudden takes off, I could see myself getting a dual core AMD, but do you think it would be worth it when you see what I have and what I plan to get for my next laptop?
 
cpu gaming? :p
i assume you mean pc gaming ;)

it should still be enough. especially with 2gb of ram. i honestly don't see any reason to upgrade just yet.
 
Back
Top