Upgrade Path confusion

onin

Limp Gawd
Basically I have the "itch" to build a rig.
Current Specs : 3770k + GTX 690 . . . Currently on mini-ITX platform.

I decided to stick with the z77 platform but I wanted to build a mATX this time around, I still dont know what to do with the video card:

Should I get another GTX 690? Too crazy ? :confused:
or Sell the 690 and get 2 x GTX 780?

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
Would be awesome to get 2 titans. Maybe I could sell the 690 :) But this options is kind of a long shot.

I would wait for new generation cards and upgrade something else on your machine. Add SSDs? Watercool? Faster Ram?

Take all the money you would want to throw at it and toss it in savings. Thats what I've been doing so I stay away from new hardware the past few months and after the initial urge to buy something shiny wears off I'm much happier with myself :D . What you have is pretty much top of th eline at this point, it would cost a lot to get any sort of meaningful upgrade.

A 690 is still one beast of a card. You didn't tell us what the rest of system is comprised of but if you have a 690 and a 3770k I suspect the rest is pretty good as well. It's your money and your system, if it were me I'd not bother with the GPU upgrade right now.

Yeh, pretty much a waste of cash replacing a 690. That card is still top of the line and even two titans wouldn't really give you a hugely noticeable difference unless you are a benchmark junky. Save your cash.

Yeh, pretty much a waste of cash replacing a 690. That card is still top of the line and even two titans wouldn't really give you a hugely noticeable difference unless you are a benchmark junky. Save your cash.

I wouldn't go that far. Two Titans would provide a nice jump over his 690. If it's worth the money to go that route over what he has though is a seperate question.

imo youre perfectly fine with your 690.
Damn i wish had that card i wouldnt upgrade till 2015

Do you have lots of money? I mean money that makes your machine only fart 10% stronger than it already does:). If yes go for titan ...if no stick with your card.
I bet it will even handle every 2014 released game at high rez.

I wouldn't go that far. Two Titans would provide a nice jump over his 690. If it's worth the money to go that route over what he has though is a seperate question.

I'm sure SLI Titans would be an upgrade, but I doubt you would really notice in most games without an FPS counter. Unless you are talking at serious high res.

Your willing to throw away that amount of cash then why use a computer ? Go to a racetrack rent a racecar to drive and get lessons. Buy a real gun and have a blast at the gun range.

I assume one screen? I would definitely keep the 690. When looking at the titan/gtx 780 you can clearly see that its a GREAT card, very hard to surpass it.

Back