• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

upgrade opinions/help/suggestions

BoxDude

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
436
Hello all,

I really want to upgrade my computer (specs in sig) and was planning on buying a 6800GT and being done with it. But, I also really want to upgrade my cpu and mobo to an Athlon 64 configuration. I can't afford both. So, the main choices I have are to get the 6800GT, and enjoy the purdy new graphics I'll get that are bottlenecked by the rest of my system, and upgrade to the A64 in the summer, OR, get the A64 system and a 6800vanilla (which is less future-proof than the GT) and have a pretty evenly balanced system. Alternatively, I could also just get the A64 config and be limited by my 9500Pro.

Which of these choices would you guys pick and what other options would you suggest? Thanks a lot, your responses will be greatly appreciated :)

PS: No P4's please; Newest ones are pci-e only....bleh
 
get the A64 system and a 6800vanilla (which is less future-proof than the GT) and have a pretty evenly balanced system

I'd do that personally. Borrow some bucks from you parents or a close friend or something and get a good processor (3200+ or 3500+), sell your old processor, mobo, and video card, and pay them back.

-zac
 
Back
Top