upgrade now or wait?

I'm in the same boat as OP but worse.. still rocking a Phenom II x2 555 BE on an Asus M5A87TD EVO board.

I did an upgrade a couple years ago to an SSD and a GTX 670, which for my buck at the time gave me the greatest performance gains.

Now it's time for a more complete upgrade. I've been keeping a very close eye on the market, as being in Canada the plummeting exchange rate has made buying parts right now horribly expensive.

Current consideration: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Lazz/saved/8k9Ff7

For me, the upgrade will very likely be to a Broadwell-K when they launch. Hopefully along with the desktop parts comes a wave of Z97 refresh boards, and rumors are that the higher end boards could have USB 3.1 onboard (MSI has already announced support for this).

So I figure: If a crazy sale comes up on any of the parts, I'll grab 'em while they're cheap. Otherwise, I'll be waiting for BW-K this summer.
 
Back
Top