Upgrade my Westy LVM-37W3 to a dell 3007wfp-hc??

havuk88

Limp Gawd
I noticed the dell 3007wfp-hc at the dell outlet for $799 I want to know if it would be much of an improvement, I mostly do online gaming and browsing the net. The Westinghouse is a great monitor but the back lighting is too bright even when I adjust it down to 80% or 60%. Also the Dell has alot higher resolution too.

Has anyone directly compared these two monitors? Any opinions? Thanks

It's out of stock.

The main reason to get a 3007 is the resolution... 2560 x 1600 is awesome for games and general desktop usage. It's also the HC version which has a wider gamut for colors... it makes the Westinghouse look de-saturated in comparison...

I actually have both... I use the Westinghouse for testing computers or watching 1080p Movies... Dell for everything else... I recommend it if you got the funds...

having used a 37" 1080p, 40", 42", and 46"

I can honestly tell you that having the 2560x1600 resolution absolutely spoils you...do it, you won't regret it

It's not out of stock, you just have to search for "Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" Widescreen Monitor" in the dropdown instead of 3007WFP-HC. They list 135 of them available at 799.00.

EDIT: Bad filter. They have about 20. Soon to be 19.

It's not out of stock, you just have to search for "Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" Widescreen Monitor" in the dropdown instead of 3007WFP-HC. They list 135 of them available at 799.00.

If you are talking refurbished, I don't think I would take a chance on a 30" refurb model. 30" panels are too prone to lighting issues, even the most expensive panels. I return is most likely a dissatisfied customer because of light bleed or stuck pixels. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ah, they made a new category by accident.

And no, the refurbished 3007WFP-HC's basically have perfect panels, but possibly physical damage to the bezel or stand. They also come with 3yr warrantys. Mine had no dead pixels... there are 4 million of them and not a single stuck/dead pixel is pretty impressive

I paid $900 last november, then they dropped to $750, now they're $800... decent deals tho

If you are talking refurbished, I don't think I would take a chance on a 30" refurb model. 30" panels are too prone to lighting issues, even the most expensive panels. I return is most likely a dissatisfied customer because of light bleed or stuck pixels. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

You get the same 3 year warranty and zero-dead-pixel guarantee as a new monitor. Not much of a risk to save ~$250.

EDIT: I almost pulled the trigger on a HP L3065 a while back from TigerDirect (and maybe that LG 30" from Newegg) but decided to avoid getting a few stuck pixels and being unable to return it. Can't beat the zero-dead-pixel policy.

Just got my 3007WFPHC. No dead pixels, no scratches. The refurbished lottery works for me. The only sign of use is a case badge someone stuck on the LCD's stand. Great buy, I'm loving the amount of screen real estate.

i'm still on the fence, i'm worried my 280gtx isn't going to cut it and i won't have the cash to upgrade right away. i'm also wondering how much better it will perform over my current 37" westinghouse lcd.

i'm still on the fence, i'm worried my 280gtx isn't going to cut it and i won't have the cash to upgrade right away. i'm also wondering how much better it will perform over my current 37" westinghouse lcd.

I have a gtx 280 and it handles all my games just fine at 2560 x 1600.

I actually have both... I use the Westinghouse for testing computers or watching 1080p Movies... Dell for everything else...

+1

I just started watching 1080p stuff exclusively on my 30", and was planning to not use to Westy anymore, but blu-ray as its native res instead of being displayed maximized at 2560x1600 actually looks bad... Enough to make me watch stuff in a 1920x1080 window, and consider turning my Westy back on so I can watch 1080p at native at a bigger size than the window inside my 30" screen...

Back