• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Upgrade my comp

ikellensbro

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
1,410
Hey my 1st post!

Anyway, I came here cuz Im finally ugrading my comp.

What I want is a faster procesor, fans, lights, & a new case.

My current comp is:

Athlon XP 1600+
512 2100 DDR
Geforce FX 5200 128 DDR
No other fans, or much else

Anyway, Id like a new case, fans, lights, and faster procesor, & Ill spend up to $300, & I want to look good for lan parties and to play games even better, at like 1280x1024 at max settings.

O yeah, ikellen is my older brother ;D , so could you help me? I got a couple of ideas, and kellen could make the case if needed. Any help?
 
Go with a Shuttle. They are great all around PC's, and especially for LAN parties.

:) :)
 
What shuttle? Also, Id want to keep my motherboard, video & sound cards, & just change/add the things I said. Thx tho.
 
Frankly, the main thing I see holding back your games is the video card you have. I would reccomend waiting until the new cards come out from both nvidia and ATI, then finding whatever is the best deal for around $200.
 
I have the older model of this case. This revision is really nice because you get everything that the Sonata has without blowing a hole in your wallet.

3700BQE

O yeah, even comes with a 350Watt PSU. This is not like the other SmartPower PSU, this has also been redone to make it quiet.

For $77 bucks, you can't go wrong IMO.

Alex
 
Back
Top