so its time to upgrade my AMD system. Judging by the results i am not going to get Phenom 2, really wanted to though. I had my 6000+ for probably about 2.5 years and thats about the time i want my next CPU to last me for. i am not a crazy OC'r or anything, must want a solid system.
With upcoming price drops i would like to get either i7 920 (295$) or Q9550 (265$) with the upcoming c2d price cuts
It seems the 9550 performs just as good as the 920 and much cheaper for the whole package and should keep me going for 2 years or so. I would save about 350$ with just getting a new mobo/cpu/ram with a c2d system than an i7
thoughts?
With upcoming price drops i would like to get either i7 920 (295$) or Q9550 (265$) with the upcoming c2d price cuts
It seems the 9550 performs just as good as the 920 and much cheaper for the whole package and should keep me going for 2 years or so. I would save about 350$ with just getting a new mobo/cpu/ram with a c2d system than an i7
thoughts?