Upgrade HP L2335

Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
3
Hello everyone,

My HP L2335 has served me well since I bought it back in 2004. Payed a small fortune for it back then.
Going from a DELL 19" CRT monitor to the L2335 was a huge leap. Even though I am still using the monitor today
some of the specifications are pretty outdated.

So I started my journey to try and find a worthy replacement candidate which has proven to be more challenging then I first anticipated.

I was hoping the new Samsung S24A850DW would be that candidate but after reading about it on this forum I am :-|

Down to the requirement specs:

Primary purpose: Play PC games, MMO, RTS, RPG, FPS (in that order)
Secondary purpose: Surf the web, work from home.

So I like the 16:10 aspect ratio and of course S-IPS panels. Never used anything else.
120Hz and 3D stuff is not for me.

So that leaves us with resolution and size. I find the resolution 2560x1440 to demand allot from a gfx card especially if you
want to jack up all the settings. I have already experienced this back in 2004 with the L2335. That leaves me with 1920x1200.
27" and 1920x1200 is not that great is it? Which leaves me with a 24" monitor.

Why did Samsung have to screw up the S24A850DW? The NEC MultiSync PA241W is nice but so is the price which is a little over the top for a "gaming" monitor.

Any thought anyone?

Greeting from Sweden
 
Back
Top