• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrade help

Cannon_Fodder

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2007
Messages
249
Hello all!!!

I know we are all tired of seeing threads like this but I have the itch and not sure if I can hold off until Nov/Dec. I have someone that I can sell my 4850 512 to for a decent amount. The problem is I wouldn't have much extra to kick into it. I have a total of 150+/- to spend after everything is said and done. Do you think it would be worth it to buy a 5770 or similar or do I keep the 4850 for now and save up to see how good the 6000 series is going to be?

I am posting this in the AMD section, but any suggestion/comment is welcome since I lean more towards bang/buck than brand.

*edit* Running a Phenom II 945 with 4 gigs of memory and my mobo has only 1 PCI-e slot, so no xFire or SLI
 
Last edited:
Hello all!!!

I know we are all tired of seeing threads like this but I have the itch and not sure if I can hold off until Nov/Dec. I have someone that I can sell my 4850 512 to for a decent amount. The problem is I wouldn't have much extra to kick into it. I have a total of 150+/- to spend after everything is said and done. Do you think it would be worth it to buy a 5770 or similar or do I keep the 4850 for now and save up to see how good the 6000 series is going to be?

I am posting this in the AMD section, but any suggestion/comment is welcome since I lean more towards bang/buck than brand.

*edit* Running a Phenom II 945 with 4 gigs of memory and my mobo has only 1 PCI-e slot, so no xFire or SLI

Rumor has it that the 67xx series is out in 2 months' time and that a 6770 will be at ~5830 speeds... if you can't wait that long then I'd go with a 5770 for most bang for the buck in the $100 to $200 price range, but note that it's a modest upgrade from a 4850, since a 5770 is about as a fast as a 4870.
 
Thanks for the reply. I looked up the information myself and basically came up with the same conclusion, but sometimes the upgrade itch is so [H]ard not to scratch.
 
Back
Top