• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrade from SB Audigy SE

breadman

Gawd
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Messages
516
Okay so the upgrade bug has gotten to me. Mainly because I just want something new to play with... but anyways.

I have the SB Audigy SE which has served me faithfully for a number of years, but recently I have been looking at the Asus Xonars. I have the Klipsch 5.1 promedias, and want to stick with them so Would the Asus Xonar D2X be my best bet?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
 
Xonar DG for 30 bucks or DS for about 50, either will be a huge upgrade. The DG is a little lower quality and 5.1 the DS is 7.1. DX is similar to DS but PCIe instead of PCI, and about $75. How much you wanna spend?
 
Is the DX similar to the D2?

I tried to do the comparison stuff on the ASUS webpage, but it was just kind of working.
 
It looks like the D2 is just last generation. I don't think the functional difference is much but the new one is a bit cheaper. Nothing wrong with the D2 if you're happy with the price.
 
Back
Top