Upgrade from Nexus 7 2013

Tyler-Durden

2[H]4U
I returned a Shield tablet I wanted as a replacement for my Nexus 7 which I'm giving to my nephew. The Shield just felt kinda cheaply constructed. I know it's been well-received, but I wasn't overly impressed.

Now, I'm looking at the Samsung Tab S2 8" version. I prefer a smaller tablet and the screen on the S2 is supposed to be superb. I pretty much stick to media consumption with tablets. Anyone go from an N7 to the S2? Any other small tablets worth considering?

Rav3n

Gawd
Personally I liked the Tab S 9" first gen. Screen was superb, and I prefer the widescreen format vs the 4:3 aspect ratio of the Tab S2.

mi7chy

2[H]4U
SAMOLED doesn't suffer from backlight bleed for media consumption so 4:3 on Galaxy Tab S2 is better for the bigger screen estate. I had the Nexus 7 2013 at one time and it doesn't even come close to comparison. Probably the next best tablet is the Pixel C for more money but no SD card slot which comes in handy with ~$50 Samsung Evo+ 128GB micro SD for storing all your media. Complement it with Chromecast, Flud and BubbleUPnP and you can throw your HTPC, blu-ray player, etc. in the closet.

Tyler-Durden

2[H]4U
Got an S2, today. WOW!!! The screen alone was worth the expense. Can't wait to watch stuff on this little beast. :)