• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrade from HD595?

kaluminati

Gawd
Joined
Dec 11, 2004
Messages
579
I think i'm turning into a bit of audiophile now... I've got the HD595's and a cmoy amp (thanks again mister x =)) but I'm lookin to get even better sound. I've got an x-fi so my card is covered.

What could I get that would improve my quality from what I have that's under $300? Or am I just being silly. Diff cans?
 
if you satisfied with the characteristics of your current headphones, then look into ugrading your amp(that's what i'd suggest).
and sell me your cmoy if you decide to get rid of it :D
 
mthree984 said:
The 595s are a pretty damn good pair of cans. The above posters are right, you need a real DAC and a good amp.

Decent card

Step up... i recommend it

and a decent amp
if you wanna go all out check out their desktop line

Is the sound truly so much better with an EMU? I'd be more then willing to get one if this is so but if it's only a minor improvement then I won't bother. HD595 and SR225 here.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hvatum said:
Is the sound truly so much better with an EMU? I'd be more then willing to get one if this is so but if it's only a minor improvement then I won't bother. HD595 and SR225 here.

Honestly. I loved my EMU0404. However after listening to the Elite Pro I realized it was too bright and harsh. The EMU1212m has the same DACs as the Elite Pro so I think it would be a better upgrade than the 0404.
 
It's not a huge difference but its there. What you really need to do is get rid of that cmoy and get yourself a real amp.

Personally i use foobar kernel stream-> emu-0404 -> airhead -> hd555
It's not "audiophile" but it sounds real damn good... better than my buddys 650's off his audigy2 zs (no amp)

edit: oh yea, you do you like the e.a.r design? our cans our very unique... :)
 
get a Headroom MicroDac and MicroAmp with HD 595s and you will not be looking for anything for some time.
 
So I'm guessing an EMU card gives you better music quality, but not good for gaming. I do game quite a bit but listen to music while gaming. Guess I could do some sort of dual sound card setup? As you can tell I'm a wanna be audiophile.

Oh and uh, I picked up some Ultrasone Proline 650 headphones at guitar center for $250. I like them A LOT more than my 595s, guess I'm a closed headphone guy. I'll probably sell my 595s.
 
Back
Top