Upgrade from 640's

Obi_Kwiet

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
3,858
Hey, I have some Logitech Z-640's and I was wondering if I'd see a huge difference if I upgraded to some 680's or 5500's. Or maybe some Medusa 5.1 head phones or the Z-2300's would do the trick. I would like to have some good, but high quality bass.
 
Going from the 640s to the 680s or 5500s is what I consider a really big leap. The bass control and satellite balance is on a whole 'nother level. I would say, if you have the money - go for it.
 
I one remember some really nice 150$ speakers on a PC that was displaying MOH. It was incredible. I've been wanting to re-create that ever sense. Would I get the same effect from the headphones I mentioned? Does the 5.1 make a big difference with the higher end speakers?
 
5.1 headphones are really frowned upon. The sound isnt very good and it doesnt work as well as the tried-and-tested 5.1 speaker systems.

Go for the speaker system if you have the money/space.
 
Speaking of this, I just went from 640's to some nice 5500s. When my MSI gfx card crapped out, i spent me 300$ check on something more important, FEELING your music. Im so glad I did :D. Go with some 5500's.
 
Hmm... My Dad will probably go up to 150$ for my birthday, but I'm not sure I want to plunk down another 100$ after my 2005FPW. Would I be ok with the Z-2300's or will I really notice the difference with the 5.1?
 
Back
Top