• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

upgrade e7300 to q9550 or wait

botw

Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
593
I'm currently running an e7300 with a slight overclock to 3ghz. I use it predominately for Lightroom, CS3, some basic video editing, office applications and come this fall, COD MW2 (haven't been gaming much recently but I'm looking forward to that one. Have been in to earlier CODs, guild wars, supreme commander in the past). With q9550 prices where they are right now, I am very tempted to pick one up and sell the e7300 here. I had originally planned to hold off for a while and do a complete system upgrade.

I would jump on it if I were running CS4 which is tuned for multiple processors. I'm not sure I'd get much out of the upgrade for CS3 or Lightroom. So I could perhaps pick up a slight performance increase and a little longer time before obsolesence. But I haven't been following that closely recently, so my initial thoughts are completely uninformed.

Would this upgrade make sense? Better off waiting?

Thanks. Rest of system in signature.
 
Back
Top