I'm currently running an e7300 with a slight overclock to 3ghz. I use it predominately for Lightroom, CS3, some basic video editing, office applications and come this fall, COD MW2 (haven't been gaming much recently but I'm looking forward to that one. Have been in to earlier CODs, guild wars, supreme commander in the past). With q9550 prices where they are right now, I am very tempted to pick one up and sell the e7300 here. I had originally planned to hold off for a while and do a complete system upgrade.
I would jump on it if I were running CS4 which is tuned for multiple processors. I'm not sure I'd get much out of the upgrade for CS3 or Lightroom. So I could perhaps pick up a slight performance increase and a little longer time before obsolesence. But I haven't been following that closely recently, so my initial thoughts are completely uninformed.
Would this upgrade make sense? Better off waiting?
Thanks. Rest of system in signature.
I would jump on it if I were running CS4 which is tuned for multiple processors. I'm not sure I'd get much out of the upgrade for CS3 or Lightroom. So I could perhaps pick up a slight performance increase and a little longer time before obsolesence. But I haven't been following that closely recently, so my initial thoughts are completely uninformed.
Would this upgrade make sense? Better off waiting?
Thanks. Rest of system in signature.