• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrade advice

8man2k

Weaksauce
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
96
I am currently running a P4 2.4C overclocked to 3.2, and a 9800pro

I have 2 upgrade options:

1 A 3.2E which I should be able to OC to the 3.7-4.0 range coupled with a X800XT for around 500

2 A complete rebuild based around an X2 4400 and 7800GTX for around 1500

So the question is, whats the better option? How much faster would option 2 be vs option 1??

Im running all of this into a Dell 2405FPW, so keep in mind that I am looking to take full advantage of that monitor...with my current setup I cannot.

Any thoughts?
 
8man2k said:
I am currently running a P4 2.4C overclocked to 3.2, and a 9800pro

I have 2 upgrade options:

1 A 3.2E which I should be able to OC to the 3.7-4.0 range coupled with a X800XT for around 500

2 A complete rebuild based around an X2 4400 and 7800GTX for around 1500

So the question is, whats the better option? How much faster would option 2 be vs option 1??

Im running all of this into a Dell 2405FPW, so keep in mind that I am looking to take full advantage of that monitor...with my current setup I cannot.

Any thoughts?

Option 2 is my vote. Although option one is cheaper, I think in very near future it will fall short with upcoming games. Esp. with the high res of the 2405.
 
I vote for the total upgrade. But then I'm an insecure bastard trying to bolster his own decision to upgrade. :D
 
Back
Top