• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

upgrade advice

polonyc2

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
30,412
I need some advice...I'm a hardcore gamer and currently have an E8400 (non overclocked...I'm not into overclocking) along with 4 GB DDR2 and a GTX 260 ...I play current games such as Fallout 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, Crysis, Crysis Warhead etc and my system plays most of them at high resolutions just fine

but I'm tempted to upgrade to one of the new Core i7 CPU's...most likely the i7 920...would upgrading be worthwhile for my situation?...my opinion is that upgrading now would save me $$ in the long run because I read that Intel's next 32nm CPU's will also be using the same socket 1366 and upgrading now would be some sort of future proofing for at least the next 2 years or so

would upgrading benefit me in any way or would I still be limited by my GPU no matter what system I use (I'm not a fan of dual graphics card setups)?...$$$ is not an issue as I can afford to upgrade but I'm just wondering if it is worth it...any help/opinions?
 
Overclock. You'll get a higher benefit from that 8400 at 4GHz than from switching to a 920 at stock speed.
 
Back
Top