• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrade advice as need performace boost

ritch1

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
112
Hi

I recently brought a dell 2405 monitor and am thinking of upgrading my machine a bit so I can play games at its native resolutions. I currently have a Pentium 3.20 running a 6800GT graphics card and am thinking about upgrading to a motherboard that supports PCI express so I can get a 7800 GTX, before doing this I need a bit of advice on whether the upgrade is worth the performance boost I would be getting.

The 6800GT is a decent card for me but on those higher resolutions the performance is an issue.

Any help appreciated

thanks
 
Probably a fine plan.

Keep in mind you'll want to get a SLI mobo, since the native res on the 2405fpw is HIGH. Games coming out in the very near future are going to need a pair of 7800GTX cards to run smoothly 'native' with that monitor (with FSAA on), so you'll want to be able to do that upgrade when it's time.
 
yep i was thinking about the sli thing as a future plan, hopefully the prices will drop a bit, cant afford 2 7800s right now. this computer gigs so expensive, especially when trying to keep up with the technology. i was doing fine til i got the 2405, then realised i couldnt be satified utill playing on native res!!!

thanks
 
Back
Top