• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Updating creative XF-I drivers?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
4,628
I've done a fresh format, and am now going to install my XF-I drivers, bnut my question here is: I downloaded the lastest driver from there site just now, do I go ahead and install just that, or do I still go through with the driver that came on the CD, and THEN upgrade using the "auto Update" web feature? Thanks
 
newls1 said:
I've done a fresh format, and am now going to install my XF-I drivers, bnut my question here is: I downloaded the lastest driver from there site just now, do I go ahead and install just that, or do I still go through with the driver that came on the CD, and THEN upgrade using the "auto Update" web feature? Thanks

If you want all the extra software and tools(or to pick and choose the ones you want) I'd do the CD first followed by Web Update.
 
MetalX said:
If you want all the extra software and tools(or to pick and choose the ones you want) I'd do the CD first followed by Web Update.

I found with my extreame music that if i did it that route then the control panel would not recognize the card, so i way i did it was.

1) Install updated audio driver from crative website.
2) Install CD software but did custome and unchecked Audio Driver

Seems to work for me just fine.
 
When I purchased the XTremeMusic last month, I found no need to install the CD: Simply install the latest drivers from the web site, and that includes the Audio Console. I can't figure out what else anyone would need.
 
You don't get the adjustments and programs if you do that.
 
All you need is the driver from the website. It comes with the mode changer utility where you can adjust all the soundcard settings. The software that Creative puts on the CD is crap. Reminds me of AOL invading your system with all kinds of bloatware, spyware, adware, etc.
 
Back
Top