Updating Computer

dlore360

n00b
Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
6
Hi, just wondering if you guys can give me some feedback on my new comp I'm going to be buying in the next few days. This'll be my first upgrade in pretty much close to 5 yrs.

So far I've somewhat decided on these parts:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
MSI 975x Platinum
OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2x1GB)
Corsair HX620W
Seagate Barracude 7200.10 320GB HD
Sapphire 100168L Radion X1900XT 256MB GDDR3
Antec P180B
NEC 16x DVDR ND-3550A
Zalman CNPS9500 Cooling Fan w/ Heatsink
Logitech MX Revolution Mouse

I already have one of the old Dell 20" LCD monitor from a few years back and a G15 keyboard I'm keeping.

I plan on saving up for the Westinghouse 37" LCD HDTV model in a few months.
So far I'm planning on using this machine to surf internet, watch movies, play some games (BF2, FEAR, CoD2).

Any suggestions or opinions welcomed. Thanks.
 
Not so much as looking for something...just more in line wanting some opinions.
As of last week I haven't been up to date with any kind of computer parts, cpu, mbs, or video cards. My current comp is a P3 1Ghz running a Radeon 9550 vid card. So I just want to make sure I'm getting parts that will last me a while, as you can tell I don't really upgrade much so I don't read up on what is new or coming out.

For the past 4 days I've just be browsing thru each section of the forum reading up on stuff and picking things that seem to have the least amount of problems from what people have been talking about in them.
 
Great build. Go for the 512mb version of the card if you play alot of games at 16x12 with max settings.
 
Back
Top