Updated: Threadripper 1920x $200 @ Amazon

X399 boards are still pricey though.

Have they discontinued threadripper? Or will their be another series coming out soon? Same x399 platform? Different?

Have they discontinued threadripper? Or will their be another series coming out soon? Same x399 platform? Different?
TR 3rd gen is supposed to be coming last I heard. This is 1st gen.

I second this. But some times a cheap CPU is all you need to make a costly board worth wile. kinda like back when the 1680v2 was still cheap but x79 boards were not.Now the 1680v2 is not cheap lol.

I am very tempted, but I am thinking that project looking glass and linux vfio could use pcie 4.0, so alas I am waiting, little worried the new TR chips gunna start over 1k tho.

Does the 1950x ever go on sale?

I'm patiently waiting to be able to throw my work rig (FX 8320) straight in the trashbin for one, just waiting for a deal I can't resist.

Someone near Dallas wanna go fishing for a $69 1920x?
https://www.frys.com/product/9266209?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
546922CA-9B7D-407E-8446-5B986DDDC40D.png

Does the 1950x ever go on sale?

I'm patiently waiting to be able to throw my work rig (FX 8320) straight in the trashbin for one, just waiting for a deal I can't resist.

Why would you do that vs a 3900x? Do you need the pci-e lanes or memory bandwidth?

Why would you do that vs a 3900x? Do you need the pci-e lanes or memory bandwidth?

Used market price primarily, cheap way to absolutely annihilate the 8320fx in everything I use. Ability to add more cores later on, and a bit of quad channel memory because I run data heavy loads. Cache plays a role too but im not sure which chip would be better for me in that regard. I think x399 for my workstation would last me a bit longer and cost less if I build this year.

I already have a 3700x / aorus pro build as my general purpose PC which may get a 16 core down the road as well..

I got a 1920X ordered from the Frys website early Thursday. In-store pickup was not an option, I had to have it shipped, which is fine considering how cheap it is. I got a tracking number email one minute later.

Yesterday, (Friday), I got a cancellation email. It said my in-store pickup order was cancelled. WTF?

I never chose in store pickup, they sent me a tracking number almost instantly, and then this BS a day later?

These clowns need to get their act together. What year is it?

Back