• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Updated Antec Aria anytime soon?

Nakamori

Gawd
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
530
Hey guys, I'm about to take the plunge into the world of SFF computers for college, and I figure that the Antec Aria case will be a good entry-level choice, seeing that I'm on a budget and plan to upgrade from my xp 2500 not too far down the road. I do have some questions, however.

1. I'm not familiar with the manner in which computer case product lines get updated. I know that the Aria has been out for about a year and half, which to me seems like a long time. Is there the possibliity of Antec releasing another mATX SFF case in the near future? Or does the whole "update every 6-10 months" like with computer systems not really happen in the case market?

2. Though the Aria seems like the overwhelmingly popular mATX SFF case out there, are there other SFF cases that can hold mATX mobos out there?

3. How much longer shelf life does the mATX form factor have? will there be newer and newer chipsets still being made for it?

Thanks guys
 
Nakamori said:
Hey guys, I'm about to take the plunge into the world of SFF computers for college, and I figure that the Antec Aria case will be a good entry-level choice, seeing that I'm on a budget and plan to upgrade from my xp 2500 not too far down the road. I do have some questions, however.

1. I'm not familiar with the manner in which computer case product lines get updated. I know that the Aria has been out for about a year and half, which to me seems like a long time. Is there the possibliity of Antec releasing another mATX SFF case in the near future? Or does the whole "update every 6-10 months" like with computer systems not really happen in the case market?

2. Though the Aria seems like the overwhelmingly popular mATX SFF case out there, are there other SFF cases that can hold mATX mobos out there?

3. How far away is BTX from becoming the industry standard? will a BTX mobo fit in an Aria?

Thanks guys
Welcome to [H]ard|Forum!


1) Antec just announced a bunch of new cases and PSUs this past January, most of which are just now hitting the market.
http://www.thetechlounge.com/article.php?directory=ces_05_antec&page=1

You'll see there isn't any mention of an Aria replacement, so I wouldn't expect one anytime soon.

The case market is a lot different than CPUs or video cards, because there are a lot more then just 2 main companies, and there are many different case needs. The upgrade every 6-12 months really doesn't apply here, IMO.


2) I'm sure there are, but as you mentioned, the Aria seems to be the most popular.
Of course, there is the outrageously expensive FragBox 2 from FN.


3) BTX is really designed more for the OEM market, and I don't see ATX going anywhere for a while.
A BTX board in the Aria? I would guess not, but I really have no idea.
 
Back
Top