Update reminder

BillR

Born Again Cynic
Before people suffer lose of work, this is the second tuesday of the month. That of course means those with windows will be getting updates.

Might as well just do them manualy before you get an auto reboot cause you forgot to turn off auto update;)

I have updates set to: Download and ask to install :)

I used to do that.

But sometimes windows is smarter than me... and the update was really really important... so it was updated and installed without my permission.

I don't let it download any updates for me any longer.

I used to do that.

But sometimes windows is smarter than me... and the update was really really important... so it was updated and installed without my permission.

I don't let it download any updates for me any longer.

Same here... however, it seems that this will kick out if you waited too much. It's best to decide in just 2-3 days when to do it. I also disabled downloading as well since I tend to procastrinate a lot about updates :p

I wish we would have had a few of these update reminders a couple of months ago. I lost many a work unit with the evil automatic update. I guess that serves me right for running 2 SMPs on my boxens ;)

This was a big update. I keep mine updated week to week pretty well but I think it downloaded 10 updates last night. Thanks for reminding us Bill

Back