• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Update problems

dynameck

n00b
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
5
I am having problems updating my GeForce FX 5500. Everytime I update it gives me this message: The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware.

Also, the FX 5500 is somehow not being detected on this piece, it is only running my intergrated vid card (which came with this computer)

I have already:
Booted in safe mod and ran Driver Cleaner
Updated driver to 93.71

HP PC model: 563w

Any help is appreciated.
 
Oh -- in the 9x series drivers, yes.

Go in the BIOS (DEL or F1 at startup, probably) and look for an option to disable onboard video. Connect your monitor to the FX 5500. Boot in to Windows and try installing the drivers.
 
Just checked. It was already disabled, on PCI right now. Only options were onboard and PCI.
 
Can you test the card in another machine? Try an older driver version, see it it works. It could just be an issue with that particular driver.
 
I don't have an extra computer but I think one of my friends do. I'll ask him though. Have areadytried 1 other older version, believe it was 91.31. The FX 5500 isn't even showing up under display adapters in the device manager.

Thank you very much for the help so far.
 
I don't have an extra computer but I think one of my friends do. I'll ask him though. Have areadytried 1 other older version, believe it was 91.31. The FX 5500 isn't even showing up under display adapters in the device manager.

Thank you very much for the help so far.

It'll show up as a "Standard VGA adapter" or something like that until you get the drivers installed.
 
Back
Top