silver_nations
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 2, 2007
- Messages
- 37
Hey everybody. A few days ago I bought a cheap sound card to run my 7.1 system and so I could get away from the crappy quality of on-board. Well i ran into a few probs. I installed the drivers that came with it and it worked fine but every time I try install the updated drivers from the site they crackle and pop a lot. Should I just stick with the ones that come with it? Also Im using XP Pro. Here is the sound card I bought....CLICK
Also...for the longest time, when my computer starts up. The new found hardware wizard would pop asking me what I want it to do. It never seemed to recognize the drivers(I couldnt install them through the wizard in the beginning because I kept running into problems. So I just did it through the creative program.) That no longer pops up since I brought the comp to a tech for some HD work and since its crackling again Im guessing he installed the new drivers. So Im pretty sure that when I install the drivers that came with it the install wizard will start giving me problems again. What would any of you guys suggest I do to stop this from happening? Is there a manual override or anything? Ive thought about just uninstalling the wizard completely.
Also...for the longest time, when my computer starts up. The new found hardware wizard would pop asking me what I want it to do. It never seemed to recognize the drivers(I couldnt install them through the wizard in the beginning because I kept running into problems. So I just did it through the creative program.) That no longer pops up since I brought the comp to a tech for some HD work and since its crackling again Im guessing he installed the new drivers. So Im pretty sure that when I install the drivers that came with it the install wizard will start giving me problems again. What would any of you guys suggest I do to stop this from happening? Is there a manual override or anything? Ive thought about just uninstalling the wizard completely.