Upcoming MMO's/Other games?

aFive

2[H]4U
Wondering what is on horizon. Aside from AION and maybe GW2, nothing really cool seems to be on hte market. I am sure GW2 won't be out till 2011 and AION I really am not too excited about, just want to see MMO implemented on CRY Engine. The Star Wars crap is crap to me as I hate the setting.

SO, what else is on the market MMO wise this year?

How about FPS? Anything worthwhile with potentially killer MP?

BTW, what's with Darkfall these days? Is it as fail as I have thought?

So it is looking pretty bad, eh :(. With nothing visually stunning as mostly everything will be cross platform. Why do we even bother :(.

Waiting on some information from the mortal online team on stealth in the game, that will be my decider.

Waiting on some information from the mortal online team on stealth in the game, that will be my decider.

There probably won't be any stealth since the camera is 1st person (which is awesome I think).

They just need to do a better job than Darkfall lol

BTW, what's with Darkfall these days? Is it as fail as I have thought?

It's still fail.
You still have to luckbox to be able to buy the game (beta).

They "claim" that huge battle are happening but every movies, ss we see is always 30-60 people. BUT we have to beleive they actually pulled a 2000+ person siege which honestly is hard to beleive.

And honestly, just look at their website, this is their "front" and they can't even take 5 minutes to update it. Awesome.

Well their example picture on their skills info page had stealth and hiding and acrobatics and stuff like that, it was made ages ago and has probably changed. But i think they have a thief/assassins guild so theres deffo a rogue class.

I argued the benefit of stealth on their forums but pretty much 99% of everyone think that it should be player based stealth like hiding behind bushes, which I think is a terrible idea and would ruin it, so we'll have to see.

AFAIK they've not released any significant information on stealth or any of the rogue abilities, in facft the whole game seems really early development, I cant see them making a summer release at all TBH.

Well their example picture on their skills info page had stealth and hiding and acrobatics and stuff like that, it was made ages ago and has probably changed. But i think they have a thief/assassins guild so theres deffo a rogue class.

I argued the benefit of stealth on their forums but pretty much 99% of everyone think that it should be player based stealth like hiding behind bushes, which I think is a terrible idea and would ruin it, so we'll have to see.

AFAIK they've not released any significant information on stealth or any of the rogue abilities, in facft the whole game seems really early development, I cant see them making a summer release at all TBH.

Well, I think the mechanism should something like :

Rogue (assassin, other) :
- Run speed improved GREATLY. Which means you can hide behind object while stalking a prey.
- Low noise movement. This is important seeing how listening to your surrounding will be very important... IE: You'd hear a platemail warrior come behind you but a rogue you wouldn't until he's on you and stabbing your spine.

Something like that... I think complete stealth is a bit weird and completly unrealistic.. though I'd agree that a dude shooting fireball is also very unrealistic BUT disapearing in broad day light..... nay. Unless they call it invisibility which would be a completly different ball game.

I agree with no invisbility stealth if the rogue was increased in speed and combat ability, something akin to prince of persia where you can run and jump about the place and keep on the move to evade your enemy etc, but thats never going to happen.

All the other "stealth" elements arent really stealth at all, a lot of people argue that simply using cover well should be enough, but then why bother with being a rogue just be a tank with a huge sword. theres no way altering sound alone will make a realistic benefit as most players dont use sound in MMOs to track enemies, or rarely.

What i recommended to on the forums was a planetside like stealth which is only 100% transparent when you're standing completely still, all other movement speeds have a relative value of being opaque, so running full speed you're like 90% visible, and walking maybe 50% visible.

That adds in skill to using stealth but also allows you level it up like a mage would level up fireballs for example.

Goof fps' coming up: COD: MW2, Bioshock 2 (but no MP), Wolfenstein (it has to have MP).

Ya, but all relatively far away. I hope COD MW2 is expanded upon and is not as linear. While it was fine in MW the update has to be bigga!

It's still fail.

They "claim" that huge battle are happening but every movies, ss we see is always 30-60 people. BUT we have to beleive they actually pulled a 2000+ person siege which honestly is hard to beleive.

And honestly, just look at their website, this is their "front" and they can't even take 5 minutes to update it. Awesome.

What I see here is someone QQing that they cannot get a copy of the game. Save your judgements till you actually try it.

seen a post on Blizzard forums some of the Devs are moving to their "new" MMO but that's probably years out

i hope for my own health WoW was the last MMO for me, fun but way too time consuming to see the end game crap :p

So it is looking pretty bad, eh :(. With nothing visually stunning as mostly everything will be cross platform. Why do we even bother :(.

at least we dont have to upgrade our graphics card every week to play the latest games. my mate has a 8800gt card and still plays the games that has come out this year so far fine on his rig and look how old that card is now.

i suspect my 260gtx will last for 2 years i reckon

at least we dont have to upgrade our graphics card every week to play the latest games. my mate has a 8800gt card and still plays the games that has come out this year so far fine on his rig and look how old that card is now.

I know, my 8800GT is holding up well. There has been nothing that has come out recently that has really taxed it at 1680 x 1050. Games are becoming less complex and catering to the consoles - this has its financial benefits but hell we want progression. Most devs now see it a commercial suicide to release a game with high recommended specs. The days of Crysis may be over already. Don't bother with that top end gfx card solution, until there is a game worthy then the 8800GT is a keeper.

I know, my 8800GT is holding up well. There has been nothing that has come out recently that has really taxed it at 1680 x 1050. Games are becoming less complex and catering to the consoles - this has its financial benefits but hell we want progression. Most devs now see it a commercial suicide to release a game with high recommended specs. The days of Crysis may be over already. Don't bother with that top end gfx card solution, until there is a game worthy then the 8800GT is a keeper.

exactly so there is a benefit for us pc users. people where moaning and crying when crysis came out but guess what, all the moaning and crying did more harm then good for the pc gaming community as no1 wants to make a game as graphicly intense has crysis ever again.

Thats fucking lame, Bethesda owns the IP yes. But they left Interplay the rights for a MMO or so they said. Let Interplay/Carbine make the MMO I assure you it will be better than the pile of dung Fallout 3 was. Or is that what Bethesda is afraid of....?:eek:

Thats funny because many of us love Fallout 3. You are the minority on this one. Any ways Bethesda is busy with the Daggerfall MMO from what I have read. But they could make a much better game then the aging/failing Interplay. They had there time to shine it has passed.

It's still fail.

I've personally been in a battle with more than 200 people total. 200 was a pretty big, crazy, and fun battle. I'm sure there have been battles with over 300 or maybe 400ish by now. Where did you get 2,000 from? Never seen anywhere that the company claimed it happened or was even possible. I guess you're just looking for something to exaggerate so you can talk crap about it, but whatever. You sound like a whiner that hasn't been able to get in game yet. lol

It's not quite fail like you want others to believe. Yes, it needs some touching up and some changes, but so has every other MMO launched in gaming history.

Read the quote below. I mean, why do we play pc games? Sure, I like my mouse and keyboard, but I also like it when games look stunning when compared to consoles. It has been nearly a year and my GTX280 isn't even challenged.

Thats funny because many of us love Fallout 3. You are the minority on this one. Any ways Bethesda is busy with the Daggerfall MMO from what I have read. But they could make a much better game then the aging/failing Interplay. They had there time to shine it has passed.

Many of you need better taste then. The ending was lame, and not worth the 50+ dollars one would spend on the game.

Back