• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Upbeat for AMD:

Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
524
I apologize if I sound like an AMD fanboi, but I'm pumped up that AMD has managed to really change the computer world time after time.

I used to hate the Athlon 64's for kicking my P4's butt in gaming, but AMD saw that 64 bit was the future.

Then they pushed out the more cores idea. And now that AMD is making the hardware for the xbox and playstation and wii (both xbox 360 and ps3 sold 77+ million each), that idea is a reality now, and software developers will have to code for more cores.

In other words, I'm surprised how AMD the underdog in the gpu/cpu market seemingly always manages to outmaneuver the giants, and change the ecosystem to support their products.
 
... seemingly always manages to outmaneuver the giants, and change the ecosystem to support their products.

I think "always" is a stretch. They have had a tough time of it over the last several years. I do hope more programs are coded for higher core/thread counts because of the new consoles.
 
Back
Top