Seraphim974
Gawd
- Joined
- Nov 7, 2003
- Messages
- 928
Hey can't seem to find anything online regarding this yet. I have a 500Gb WD external USB drive that i use to transfer data from pc to pc in my room. it has all of a sudden become write-protected and anything i try to do says it is.
My one and only user on this main computer (in sig) the HDD is used on is administrator and named "printer37" along with the default guest acct that is not used. If I go into security tab on the drive it shows 'Authenticated Users', 'SYSTEM', 'Administrators (PRINTER37/Administrators)', 'Users (PRINTER37/Users)'. All 4 of these show check marks next to allow for every action except 'special permissions' has neither allow checked nor deny checked and it won't permit me to change this by clicking edit..
Even the advanced tab at the bottom of the security tab shows everything checked to allow. Anyone know what I am talking about and have a suggestion for me?
My one and only user on this main computer (in sig) the HDD is used on is administrator and named "printer37" along with the default guest acct that is not used. If I go into security tab on the drive it shows 'Authenticated Users', 'SYSTEM', 'Administrators (PRINTER37/Administrators)', 'Users (PRINTER37/Users)'. All 4 of these show check marks next to allow for every action except 'special permissions' has neither allow checked nor deny checked and it won't permit me to change this by clicking edit..
Even the advanced tab at the bottom of the security tab shows everything checked to allow. Anyone know what I am talking about and have a suggestion for me?
Last edited: