Untangle won't see HDD?

AMD_RULES

2[H]4U
Well i'm attempting to install the latest version of Untangle onto a spare box i have lying here, which functioned 100% b4 this attempt. When i go through the GUI, the software doesn't recognize my HDD. What's wrong? The hdd works. The BIOS also sees the hdd.
Do i need to load some type of Linux Drivers? Any help greatly appreciated. I'm no linux guru btw ;)

- AMD_RULES

P.S. For those of you who read my thread about that $4.95 NIC, it worked with Smoothwall :D

Have you checked the CD? I had to download and burn three different times before it would install without problems.

What hardware are you attempting to install it on?
Have you checked their forums to see if anyone else had issues with this hardware?
I just finished another Untangle build last night...putting a 100x node network on it, 8 meg pipe. Love this distro.

I had a similar issue when I tried to install it where I would end up at some weird Knoppix prompt and not be able to do anything else, and get some file system error (I don't remember exactly what the error was). The fix? Just keep rebooting the system until it worked. Quite possibly the dumbest fix ever (especially b/c I had to reboot like 20+ times) but that's what did it. After that the install went fine and it's now running like a champ. Don't ask me why, but I know that's what I had to do...

Well if its a sata or scsi drive that may be your problem. I couldnt get untangle to work with certian sata controllers

My bet is that hes using an unsupported sata controller.

I fairly sure scsi drives are not supported in untangle at this point in time.

Not true....it does support some SCSI controllers....with growing support. People have been installing them on HP Proliant servers with Compaq/HP SmartArray SCSI RAID controllers...as well as other enterprise hardware.

Well if its a sata or scsi drive that may be your problem. I couldnt get untangle to work with certian sata controllers

What hardware are you attempting to install it on?
Have you checked their forums to see if anyone else had issues with this hardware?
I just finished another Untangle build last night...putting a 100x node network on it, 8 meg pipe. Love this distro.

Have you checked the CD? I had to download and burn three different times before it would install without problems.

My bet is that hes using an unsupported sata controller.
Specs:

AMD Operon 144
Asus A8V-VM (socket 939 mATX)
Corsair XMS 512MB DDR PC-3200
Seagate 120GB SATA150 HDD

That motherboard is running a VIA chipset.
Do i need an IDE drive?

My Untangle install uses a SATA drive, I'm pretty sure with a VIA chipset as well. One option would be to post at the untangle forums, they have some really helpful members and mods that may be able to direct you to a specific resolution quicker.

I had some problems with my untangle install on a Compaq dl380 g1. 2x 1GHz P3 CPUs, 1.5GB PC133 and 4x 18GB Ultra2 SCSI drives in RAID5. The install froze the first time during hardware detection. I rebooted and it detected everything just fine that time and installed. Then it went into an endless reboot loop. So I wiped the array and intstalled again, it did the endless reboot again. I thought it could be the hardware so I installed Astaro on it to test and its been working just fine.

Going to download the ISO again and try to install again next week, see what happens. If I get the same problems then I guess Untangle doesn't like my old ass test server. :p

Back