• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Untangle Firewall Rules

ChRoNo16

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
1,594
The reast of my untangle box is setup and working fine. I have the firewall appliance installed, but not used yet- I am wondering, what do you guys usually set as far as rules?


Mostly I use untangle for routing and general protection from malware, viruses, ads and spam crap. (I have a younger brother who gets a lot of viruses and/or questionable content.}

and I try and protect my systems, as well as others on the wireless network from infection.
 
They've done a good job of making it "ready to roll" with default settings. It's designed for implementations in business networks, so the settings are mostly pre-canned for that scenario. Fine tuning settings is more a need if you have some service that isn't working right. So if you have something that isn't working right on your home LAN.....see if Untangle is affecting it, and...lets say for example....some game..you can put bypass rules in place for that type of traffic.
 
Hi,

Normally I have it more open from the inside out.
But from the outside in I have more log rules to see whats hitting my port forwards.

When I install UT at clients i normally do a allow any from any with log for a week to then go through all events to see what traffic they have and then go through with management what the want to allow or block.
 
it actually has no rules setup on it from install, little confused on that. mostly Im thinking I want to block skype.. and torrenting stuff, i dont want my end users torrenting..
 
Wow, webfool is here now?

I use the firewall to drop web traffic from one of the terminal servers at work, and when I want to be a dick, everything to a specific IP
 
Wow, webfool is here now?

I use the firewall to drop web traffic from one of the terminal servers at work, and when I want to be a dick, everything to a specific IP

U a$$, why u got be so mean !!

I usually look everything in and out thn start creating rules. FTP in and out blocked
 
Wow, webfool is here now?

hehe... i am everywhere ;)


Blocking Torrent with just FW rules can be hard as it will try to use port 80 or 443 as fall back.

So you need to use Untangles Application Control And create a Tarpit rule for Torrent.
 
Back
Top