UNSTABLE_MACHINE, CoreStatus = 7A (122) / FAQ question

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
6,105
I've had this error after running the gpu client for awhile, and the problem has happened for awhile now. I just close and restart the gpu client, but then again having to do this 2-3 times a day (if I remember to) is getting annoying. :eek:

I didn't think to check the FAQ until a few minutes ago (initially when scrolling through, I didn't go all the way to the bottom and see the mention and fixes for this).

My question is this -
the guide mentions 2 fixes:
-forcegpu nvidia_g80
-extend desktop onto 2nd monitor (even if there's not one hooked up)

Is one better than the other (or more recommended than the other)?
I would go for option A (since it's the first mentioned), but I didn't know if there was any performance hit on a non-G80 card; Xilikon says it works on any nV card, I just didn't know if using that flag on a G92 or higher card would have any performance consequence.

Thanks for any input, fellow [H]orde folders. :)

 
Back
Top