A64 s939 Venice E3 sorry no steppings @ v1.520
DFI NF4 Ultra D 3/10 BIOS
1GB OCZ Plat Rev 2 v2.8
OCZ PowerStream 520w
WinXP Pro
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 6 w/92mm Vantec Stealth 44c load with Prime
P180 on high need i say more?

Could be a limitation but first....

Bump the CPU voltage another notch and see if you get any improvement.

Did you bump your chipset voltage at all yet?

You may also want to try and loosen the memory timings a bit to see if it makes a difference.

Did you drop the Hypertranport link to under 1000mhz? If it's not that chances are you did hit the cpu limit. Still, not a bad oc with a 3000+. My 3500+ only does 2.7 at 1.52v

Ooooh yeah good call HTT definately needs to be 1000 or less. Let us know!! :)

Don't bump up voltage to the chipset, it will not help your cause. HTT multiplier should be at 3 at this point. Bump up voltage in increments of .05(looks like you've been doing anyway). Why not use the 9x multiplier on the cpu? More headroom there. Also, are you using mem dividers to make sure you are seeing what the cpu can do now?

I havent checked the HTT link im pretty sure its 2.5 so should i try and bumping it up or down?

you should probably leave your htt at auto though you can try setting it maually. You probably shouldn't be running 3-10 bios with that ram. Why 8x?
You should definitly go to dfi street.

I have a 3000+ Venice and maxed out around 2.4ghz too. I see it a lot on the 3000+ so don't be suprised if you can't go any higher.

First things first, your ram is at 2.8v. If it's TCCD, it probably wants around 2.6-2.7 max. If it's TCC5, I'd say around 2.75 max. Secondly, your bios on the DFI is ancient. You need to download a new one something 5-10 and above. I reccomend the 510-2 hellfire modded, 623-3 official, and 704-2bta...whichever works best for ya. Then there's the dividers you need to work out and the Hyper6 cooler isn't too great either. Don't give up though. Just work on it.

My TCCD is taking 2.8v right now, my hyper 6+ keeps my winnie around 31-35c idle and 43-47c on full load(I mean hours on end) and that is pumping 1.65v through it. I would say RAM is probably the pickiest component in your system so YMMV and personally your heatsink rules.

Back