"Unstable settings" boot every time now.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
So, I had posted about this a couple months back when I initially did my build when the processor was at 4.4GHz and people to lower the overclock on the CPU which could be causing the issue. So I lowered the voltage and the clock on the CPU and I have been stable for months. Now, i've gotten it again. I've lowered the CPU to 4.0GHz and I am still getting the unstable boot message. So I CTRL+L to return to last known stable config (which is default speed @ 3.3GHZ), and then if I do a CTRL+ALT+DEL and reboot again everything starts fine with no unstable boot message. Why the fuck does this keep happening? I keep lowering the voltages and the clocks thinking that will fix this issue but it doesn't and there is absolutely no reason I can see myself going below 4.0GHz when I have been stable at 4.2 for months and the temperatures are on average in the low 40s even under full load.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best option in those cases is always reset BIOS to optimal settings and start with the overclocking process again, first on CPU later on RAM (if apply). Bios Bugs sometimes happens so this kind of issues tend to be fixed by redoing the overclocking process..

Best option in those cases is always reset BIOS to optimal settings and start with the overclocking process again, first on CPU later on RAM (if apply). Bios Bugs sometimes happens so this kind of issues tend to be fixed by redoing the overclocking process..

Okay. Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try this weekend.

Back