Unstable Network with TPlink ac1750

Bishop98

n00b
Hi folks, I had a Huawei LTE modem (B593) do the double duty of modem and router for my place but I decided to take the leap and setup a router to get better control over the network traffic (parental control and scheduler). I have purchased a TPlink ac1750 (Archer D7) router.

I have disabled the modem's wireless and plugged it into the router, disabled the WPS, set the SSID, set the Password, turned on the parental control to block out a few websites, setup the scheduler (so the little ones go to bed at night :)) and updated the router to the latest firmware which was successful. All in all standard fare and nothing special, I have followed the same sort of steps with other few routers in the past (ea4200, ea4500, ea6500 and asus rt66) but the main difference with my past experiences is that they were exclusively DSL connections.

The router connects out and my devices connect to it but the wireless network is unstable. The wireless network just drops and I have to go over and perform a reboot on the router to get things going again. Aside from that the range appears to be smaller than the Huawei LTE modem's range and I have the occasional problem with Outlook not send or receive email at random times when I am working from home.

I am baffled because I haven't experienced these kind of headaches before and I am ready to launch the router out the window. Any ideas or is it simply that the router is defective ?

I have roughly ten devices connected to it and the area that I reside in is a remote area with no other wireless networks

Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions.

Mo

Last edited:
Can you exchange/return the router for a new one? If not, try updating the firmware first, but after that, you may need to get an RMA from the company.

Back