Unstable internet

Yes_sir21

Weaksauce
My ISP provider has lately failed to provide stable internet connection to me. I have called customer service and they told they are having problems in my area and would let me know as soon as they sort it out. But I keep getting disconnected and its very annoying, and this has been going on for several days.

What is the proper response from me ? Should i demand my money back ?
Definitally want my money if i have the right.

Unless they offer guaranteed up-time, you're pretty much stuck with what you have. Most cases they only offer "best effort," so as long as they say "we're trying to fix it" there's nothing you can do.

Thats what im afraid of. But I think if they cant do their job right,,,then we should get our money back at least. We dont pay full price for half of the service, they should be accountable.

shit happens.
things break.
not everything can be fixed in 5 minutes.

they may be willing to provide a credit to your account as long as you stay corteous on the phone. But chances are they won't credit you a whole month.

Respect your local cable internet company. Solving node problems can be very difficult.

Respect your local cable internet company. Solving node problems can be very difficult.

My cable company doesn't even try to correct problems. They know we have absolutely no other option out here, and they don't give a damn.

it might help if you mention your isp. when I used to have dsl it would flake out every so often. Switched to cable and I have been a happy camper. note that I had cable at the same location a few years before that and I couldn't get it to work reliably. So if you have DSL and cable is available, it is a no-brainer, do the switch. If you already have cable, well, you can consider DSL. It is not inherently bad, just going to be a much higher ping and much lower potential bandwidth than cable. On the other hand though it will probably be cheaper.

In the many years I`ve been with my ISP (Virgin Media) I`ve had relatively little to complain about.

On the odd occasion I`ve had Broadband problems, similarly with the phone and TV services but ususally they`re pretty hot on the repairs side of things.

Very rarely have I been that annoyed that I`ve called them up and (very politely) advised them that I shouldn`t be paying for a service I haven`t recieved, and on each of those very very few occaions I`ve had credits applied to my account, once, I even had my whole months bill credited back.

The reality is, that sometimes these issues are hard to pinpoint (I used to work for them myself) all they have to go on are the symptoms that are reported, they then have to convert that into possible causes and with that information make a best guess on the location of the fault. Add into the mix a larger area, some halfwit parking their car across the cabinet/pit and possible bad weather, not to mention issues out of their control (power failure to the cabinet or node) and there are whole boat load of possibilities that could contribute to your problem. Just remember, you`re probably not the only one on the phone to their (poor) CSR`s.

Anyway, what I`m trying to say is if it goes over say a week, call them up and ask what they can give you back (remember, they don`t have to) and just be aware it`s not as cut-and-dried as one might think.

Comcast has been pretty good around maybe once a year it will gone down for a day abut that's about it.

I would get them to credit you the number of days that it was been bad.

Back